About Idaho Wild Sheep
The mission of Idaho Wild Sheep is to enhance wild sheep populations in Idaho, and with partners in adjacent states, for public enjoyment, education, and fair chase hunting; to promote professional wildlife management, and protect sportsmen's rights.
History: The Idaho Wild Sheep was founded in 1982 by two dozen concerned sportsmen who wanted to “put more bighorns on Idaho’s mountains”. From that core group, many of which are still very active on our board and committees, we have grown to a thriving organization with over 300 committed members.
29th Annual Bighorn Sheep Banquet and Fundraiser
Saturday, March 22, 2014
The Riverside Hotel
2900 Chinden Blvd., Boise, ID
- Taxidermy Exhibits
- Share your favorite hunting photos
- Purchase 2014 bighorn lottery tickets IWSF Commemorative Rifle Raffle
- Show off your mounted sheep
- Live and Silent Auctions
2014 Idaho Bighorn Sheep Raffle
- The 2014 Special Bighorn Sheep Lottery Tag shall be valid for use in any open controlled hunt in 2014.
- Applicants, including youth, must be eligible to purchase a hunting license in Idaho in order to obtain these special tickets.
- Void where prohibited.
- This permit is non-transferrable. No purchase necessary. Hunting license and permit will be provided to winner.
- Drawing will be conducted at 2:00 p.m. MDT, on Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at the Idaho Department of Fish & Game Headquarters.
WSF Annual Auction
Details of Items (PDF) More information
Bighorns' Deadliest Obstacle
In August 2011, observers reported domestic sheep
roaming California bighorn habitat in Nevada’s
Snowstorm Mountains. In the same month, wildlife
biologists noticed bighorns in the region were dying
from pneumonia, which substantially reduced herd
numbers (DeLong 2011). This deadly trend has
become common not only in Nevada but also across
much of the American West.
More Information (PDF)
Renewal of the Charter of The Idaho Wild Sheep (PDF)
2012 Bighorn Sheep - Domestic Sheep Distribution Maps
Idaho Wild Sheep Foundation Rifle Raffle!
You can be the owner of the third of six custom-built commemorative Idaho Wild Sheep Foundation Rifles.
Click here for more details